- 250g plain chocolate biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 20g butter, extra
- 300ml thickened cream
- 50g milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 3 tsps gelatin
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3 x 60g Mars bars, chopped finely
- Process/crush biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter, process/mix until just combined. Using one hand, press crumb mixture evenly over base and side of 21cm springform tin. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, extra butter and 2 tbsps of the cream in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, to make butterscotch sauce.
- Combine chocolate and another 2 tbsps of cream in another small saucepan; stir over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Sprinkle gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug; stand jug in small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves; then let cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat cheese and caster sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat remaining cream in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir slightly warm gelatine mixture into cream cheese mixture; stir in Mars bars; fold in cream.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into prepared tin; drizzle half of the butterscotch and chocolate sauces over the mixture. Pull skewer backwards and forward through the mixture several times go create a marbled effect. Repeat process with remaining mixture and sauces.
- Cover cheesecake and refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
Note: You can also melt the milk chocolate and cream in a microwave oven; cook on HIGH (100%) for about 1 minute, stirring twice during cooking time.