Makes approx. 30 squares
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tbsps rum
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsps golden syrup
- 150g milk chocolate melts
- Lightly grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Place raisins and rum in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk, butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Stir over a low heat until combined. Bring to the boil on high; then reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir chocolate melts and raisin mixture through, until combined and smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Cool at room temperature for 5-6 hours, until firm. Cut into squares to serve.
Tip: Fudge can be placed in the fridge after 3 hours for 15-20 minutes to firm up before slicing. Store in fridge.