- 500g large tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 tabs butter
2 tabs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sauvignon blanc (or any white wine)
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
250g angel hair pasta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- Bring water to the boil; have it ready for pasta.
- Heat olive oil and melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for two or three minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add shrimp, then stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Squeeze in lemon juice. Add wine, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Throw angel hair pasta into the boiling water. Cook until al dente (just done) and drain.
- Remove skillet from heat; add pasta and toss.
- Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with the parmesan and chives and serve immediately.